Work With Us
HWGP MAKERS AGREEMENT
Hello! Here We Grow Plants & Coop (HWGP) is excited that you are interested in being on our team! If you are interested, please email us photos of your work, or refer us to a social media site/website. Please be patient with us as we respond to all applicants, as we will review and respond to every artist that applies. Appreciate your patience!
To apply, please send an email with photos of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please include bio about yourself and the price points of your items.
Are you new to selling your work? Here are some helpful hints:
- As a store, we pay out 50% of the sale to the artist. It is helpful to keep pricing as uniform as possible between what you sell on your own website/online sales and/or at other stores. You will choose your own SRP (suggested retail price), or if assistance is needed we are here to help you decide on an appropriate price for your work.
- If applicable, please supply our location with a floor model. This will help reduce potential damage made by customers who would like to test your product. (Example: lotions)
- Submit an inventory and price list with your work every time you restock. We can provide blank inventory sheets if needed. Here We Grow Plants & Coop reserves the right to choose all products to be sold in our shop.
- The artist’s work will remain on consignment with Here We Grow Plants and Coop for a minimum of 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, HWGP reserves the right to either return any unsold merchandise to the artist or keep the artist’s unsold merchandise on consignment. Any merchandise that is still left with HWGP for longer than one year without contact from the artist will be considered a donation to HWGP.
- HWGP reserves the right to remove an artist’s work from our shop at any time. Artists may remove merchandise with one week notice to HWGP. To do this, please email the shop at email@example.com. Artists may not remove work from HWGP for the purpose of use at other events with the intent of returning items back to the store. (Example: You may not pull your product for shows.)
- We pay our artists on a monthly basis. Makers checks are available for pick-up by the 15th of each month - or closest open business day. HWGP does not mail out checks if you live in the metro area. If an artist’s sales amount to less than $25.00, payment will automatically roll over to the next month’s pay cycle.
- At HWGP, we will do our best to promote, display and sell your work. It is the artist’s responsibility to keep HWGP supplied with an agreed upon amount of product. We hope you will take pride in keeping up on inventory and stocking us with your work as we do in selling it!
- If any of your work is stolen or damaged by a customer or employee while in our shop, HWGP agrees to pay the consignor half of their 50% split. HWGP does not provide insurance for any artwork regardless of price or nature of work. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist. HWGP is not responsible for any artwork or product damaged by natural disaster or other event out of our control.
- The artist agrees not to sell the same product in another competing shop within 3 miles of HWGP. If you have the opportunity to sell through another shop within this boundary, you will need to choose which items you sell here, and which items you sell there. Please help us keep our shop unique!
We are proud to have your work accompany and compliment the works of so many other fantastic local and independent artists that we love. HWGP is growing and changing everyday, and we are excited that you’ve chosen to join us in your creative ventures.
Welcome to the HWGP family!